Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation,is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of trip schedules; batching trips for next day service; matching trips and driver availability; reviewing schedules after batching and rearrange trips based upon gaps in driver shifts and schedules; seek volunteer drivers or reach out drivers to fulfill needs for next day; evaluating, establishing and canceling passenger subscription trips; and adjusting driver schedules one hour in either direction at either the beginning or end of shift to best meet trip demands.
• Demonstrates proficiency with computer software to schedule and manage passenger trips
• Demonstrates excellent team spirit and internal customer service
• Demonstrate customer service to individuals and representatives regarding subscription services external groups and persons
• Directly responsible for the scheduling of drivers
• Successfully enters data and tracks data
• Coordinate with management to improve service delivery, streamline and improve processes and trip scheduling
• Maintains data including file back-ups and documentation files.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information
• Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
• Completion of two years college, with College Degree preferred
• 2 to 4 years of relevant professional experience
• Previous relevant transit supervisory experience preferred; with Computerized Scheduling or Dispatching preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, and good aptitude to learn specialized software
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret instructions, policies, and procedures
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details
Travel requirement (as a percent) : <5% for occasional meetings
• Must submit to drug testing and a background check
• Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
• 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
• Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
• The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Software Powered by iCIMS