Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- No more than three (3) moving violations in the past three (3) years
- At least one year of related work experience in dispatch or customer service required; preferably in a transit, transportation or logistics environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of work execution within general area of assignment
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions and procedures
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff
- Thorough knowledge of the geography of the service area
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Computer skills or aptitude for acquiring computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs; know how to operate standard office equipment, two-way radios, fleet vehicles and other related shop equipment; familiarity with Maintenance Management Systems would be beneficial
- Must be able to work amid constant interruptions, prioritize and deal with time pressured deadlines and can clearly communicate during such occasions
- Must be autonomous, self-directed and possess the ability to handle crisis and conflict situations
- Must submit and successfully pass drug testing, criminal background check and verification of previous employment
- Must be able to pass periodical random drug/alcohol screens as this is a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules, including weekends as needed
- This position requires the wearing of a uniform
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all types of conditions (e.g. weather, rain, dust, noise, heat, cold, etc.)
- Job requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling and walking throughout the shift
- Must handle parts and equipment ranging from 10 to 50 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check