Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Two years relevant experience preferred or any equivalent combination of education and job experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully do the job.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must exhibit proficiency in the English language.
- Must be able to read a map, possess knowledge of the service area, and be able to pass vision, and road tests, etc.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be hospitable, guest/customer service oriented, and be willing to serve the needs of passengers.
- Must complete and sign a Transdev employment application in its entirety.
- An unjustified refusal to supply requested information of a falsification of information will result in the elimination of the applicant for consideration for employment.
- Must provide a complete and verifiable employment history. Employment history must be verified with all employers listed on the application and must include the past 10 years of employment, when applicable.
- You must sign a FCRA form and complete a background release form.Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to safely drive various vehicles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform duties under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization. Licensing and Certification:
- Must have maintained a valid driver’s license for 3 years and must possess a current valid driver’s license at the time of application.
- Valid CDL license with passenger endorsement and airbrakes for CDL positions.
- Valid DOT medical certification and be willing to maintain the certification throughout your employment.
- Must present an original Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) issued within the last 30 days and according to company, state and contract requirements. You must meet the following standards:
- No homicide, manslaughter, or assault convictions associated with the operation of a motor vehicle.
- No convictions for driving while intoxicated within the past seven (7) years.
- No more than two (2) minor moving violations within the past 36 months.
- No major moving violations within the past 36 months, including but not limited to: failure to stop at the scene of an accident, driving with a revoked license, possession of an opened alcoholic container, attempting to elude an officer, etc.
- No more than one (1) ticketed at-fault accident within the past 36 months.
- Transdev review the existence of any violations or convictions and may deny employment based on a violation, conviction, or pattern of violations/convictions indicating safety risks.Pre-Employment Physical
- Must undergo a pre-employment drug test and physical by a company appointed physician/facility and receive clearance.
- Must be willing to undergo random drug testing.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations as sanctioned by the Department of Transportation, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well-ventilated facilities.
- 90% of work is accomplished outside.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of passengers and materials. Must be able to lift or handle up to 100 pounds (i.e., strapping in passengers and the loading and unloading passengers, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibrations.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.