- High School Diploma or GED equivalent,
- At least five years of bus/van industry experience, some as an operator.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge of the service area,
- Detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time management skills,
- Ability to interact professionally with internal/external customers & able to work well with diverse groups,
- Ability to perform basic office clerical skills, filing, etc.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information/situations,
- Must have computer proficiency, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet & other transit-related software,
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, reports, memos and other company documentation,
- Ability to calculate numbers, fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurements,
- Knowledge of safe driving practices and laws,
- Knowledge of DOT & DPU regulations and requirements,
- Knowledge of office equipment (fax, copier, etc),
- Ability to use cellular phone & two-way radio,
- Bus routes and service area
- GATRA & PTM operating policy & procedures
- Computer, Word Perfect, Excel, Outlook
- Pleasant and clear telephone answering skills
- Professional attitude dispatching operators
- Mathematical aptitude
- Proficient in word processing and typing
- Office clerical skills, filing, ect.
- Ability to read schedules and maps and provides information
- Understand operating procedures for Fixed Route & DAR
- Ability to do multiple tasks
- Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment DOT drug test and DOT physical done by a company appointed physician/facility,
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check,
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory employment history/background check,
- Must complete and sign the PTM of Attleboro, Inc. employment application in its entirety,
- Must provide a complete and verifiable employment history. Employment history must include the past 10 years of employment, when applicable,
- Must present a current (within the last 30 days), valid driving record from the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) or from www.mass.gov verifying a two year driving record without any serious moving violations,
- PTM of Attleboro, Inc. will review the existence of any violations or convictions and may deny employment based on a violation, conviction or pattern of violations/convictions indicating safety risks,
- may be required to provide all hand and small power tools and tool chests that are necessary to perform work at assigned job level
- Must successfully pass training program during probation period,
- Must successfully pass probation period,
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Licensing and Certification:
- Must have maintained a valid driver’s license for two years,
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Massachusetts or Rhode Island Class A or B driver’s license along with airbrakes and passenger endorsement upon applying and meet its requirement during employment, The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Performs physical activities that require considerable amount of sitting, use of the arms, hands and fingers, repetitive hand-wrist motion, repetitive leg & foot movements, and moving the whole body, such as standing, reaching, crawling, climbing, lifting, bending, walking, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, balancing, twisting and handling of materials,
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds,
- Must occasionally work at heights of up to 25 feet,
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions,
- Must wear and work in personal protective equipment,
- May be asked to travel to company functions, outside training and errands,
- The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibrations and moderate noise levels, confined spaces, wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts,
- Must be able to operate all company vehicles.
- 10% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities,
- 90% of work is accomplished in an open garage facility,
- Must be able to concurrently manipulate multiple controls on machinery and equipment.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check