- High School Diploma or GED equivalent,
- At least five years of transportation industry experience, preferably some as an operator,
- Two years of supervisory experience,
- Two years relevant experience preferred or any equivalent combination of education and job experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully do the job.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to read a map and possess knowledge of the service area,
Pleasant telephone mannerism,
Detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time management skills,
Ability to interact professionally with internal/external customers & able to work well with diverse groups,
Ability to perform basic office clerical skills, filing, etc.
Must have computer proficiency, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet & other transit-related software,
Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, reports, memos and other company documentation,
Ability to calculate numbers, fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurements
Knowledge of safe driving practices and laws,
Knowledge of DOT & DPU regulations and requirements,
Knowledge of office equipment (fax, copier, etc),
Ability to use digital camera, cellular phone & two-way radio.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment DOT drug test and DOT physical done by
- a company appointed physician/facility,
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check,
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory employment history/background check,
- Must complete and sign the PTM of Attleboro, Inc. employment application in its entirety,
- Must provide a complete and verifiable employment history. Employment history must include the past 10 years of employment, when applicable,
- Must present a current (within the last 90 days), valid driving record from the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) or from www.mass.gov verifying a two year driving record without any serious moving violations,
- PTM of Attleboro, Inc. will review the existence of any violations or convictions and may deny employment based on a violation, conviction or pattern of violations/convictions indicating safety risks,
- Must successfully pass training program during probation period,
- Must successfully pass probation period,
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Licensing and Certification:
- Must have maintained a valid driver’s license for two years,
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Massachusetts or Rhode Island driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s record to be eligible to drive the company vehicle,
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Massachusetts or Rhode Island Class A or B driver’s license along with airbrakes and passenger endorsements upon applying and meet its requirement during employment,
- Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) Certification..
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets medical examination standards in 49 CFR 391.41,
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds,
- May be asked to travel to company functions, outside training and errands,
- Must be able to operate the company vehicle,
- About 50% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned/well ventilated facilities,
- Performs physical activities that require considerable amount of sitting, use of the arms, hands & fingers, repetitive hand-wrist motion, repetitive leg & foot movements, moving the whole body, such as standing, reaching, crawling, climbing, lifting, bending, walking, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, twisting,
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions,
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibrations, moderate noise levels and moving mechanical parts.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check