Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Customer Service Representatives are responsible for ensuring that Transdev's customers receive a first rate level of service or help with their questions and concerns. They provide information in response to inquiries about services and handle and resolve complaints.
Takes ADA reservations, trip planning requests, explains route and schedule if available to GBT customers.
1. Receives, researches, and answers customer inquiries and requests regarding accounts, rates, and services offered.
2. Follows-up on customer inquiries and research to assure satisfactory completion.
3. Monitors, evaluates, and presents solution to potential problem areas.
4. Trains, explains tasks, and assists in the solution of problems.
5. Resolves customer questions related to orders and takes orders as needed.
6. Maintains close liaison with other departments to carry order through to completion.
7. Analyzes transactions, corrects records, and adjusts errors.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. High school or college courses in computers, English, or business is helpful.
3. 2 years customer service or basic office experience preferred.
4. Basic to intermediate computer knowledge/PC experience helpful.
5. Proven interpersonal skills dealing with the public required.
6. Pleasant telephone voice/demeanor.
7. Strong verbal communication and listening skills are required. You must be able to read and speak English (bi-lingual speaking skills may be required at some locations).
8. Excellent written communications skills a must.
9. Ability to interact professionally and friendly with internal customers on all level and be able to work well with diverse groups.
10. Ability to work patiently and friendly with external customer problems and complaints and remain courteous when faced with difficult or angry customers a must.
11. Must be a team player yet be able to work well independently.
12. Must be available weekends and holidays
13. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
14. Must have familiarity of local service area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 100% of this work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well-ventilated facilities.
· May be asked to travel to company functions or for outside training.
· Customer service representatives generally have a workstation or cubicle space equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer. Work environments are generally noisy and the employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Software Powered by iCIMS