Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compass Transportation is one of the most respected and reliable transportation companies in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are an integral component of Transdev Corporation, the global leader in private transportation services with offices in 21 countries worldwide, and proudly serving the needs of commuters, tourists, and the public. Our employees are the best in the business, and are proud to work for a Global Leader in the Transportation sector.
Seeking Heavy Duty Mechanics. We have Monday thru Friday workweeks and part-time weekend work schedules available. We accept applications for both full/part time jobs in our South San Francisco and San Jose locations.
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, maintains and installs component parts of transit & shuttle vehicles
• Inspects and diagnoses problems on all assigned vehicles and equipment
• Services and/or repairs all assigned vehicles and related light and heavy mechanical equipment
• Performs preventative maintenance procedure inspections to transit & shuttle vehicles as required by Federal, state, and local guidelines; performs preventative maintenance as needed
• Performs upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems and equipment
• Performs road calls and on-the-road repairs as needed
• Maintains a clean and well-organized work area
• High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED
• Must be age 21 or older
• Will help get CDL if needed
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
• Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications preferred
• Bonus paid yearly for all Certifications
• 2 or more years of progressive experience in the repair and maintenance of all types of heavy duty transit & shuttle equipment
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to transit & shuttle vehicles
• Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to read and write routine reports, forms, and other documentation or correspondence
• Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details
• Must submit to drug testing and a background check
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination
Compass provides an excellent and competitive benefits package that includes health (medical, dental, and vision) and group life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
About Compass Transportation:
Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation, is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Software Powered by iCIMS